Saturday, December 31, 2016

1.1.13 Eng



What business class? Well, she told us about it, dear, remember? No. (Lorelai) 'Well, actually, I came here for a reason.' Dad, would you mind sitting down for a minute? - You need money. - 'I have a situation.' You need money. Dad, will you just please let me get this out, okay? Um, Rory has been accepted to Chilton. Chilton? Oh, that's a wonderful school. It's only five minutes from here. That's right, it is. She can start as early as Monday. The problem is that they want me to put down an enrollment fee plus the first semester tuition and I have to do that immediately or she loses her spot. So, you need money. Yeah. But it's not for me, it's for Rory. And I fully intend to pay you back every cent. I don't ask for favors, you know that. 

- Oh, yes, we know. - I'll get the checkbook. Thank you. You have no idea. Thank you. - On one condition. - So close. Since we are now financially involved in your life, I want to be actively involved in your life. what does that mean, mother? - I want a weekly dinner. - What? Friday nights, you and Rory will have dinner here. Mom -- And you have to call us once a week to give us  an update on her schooling and your life. That's it. That's the condition. If you agree, you'll come to dinner tomorrow night and leave here with a check. Otherwise, I'm sorry, we can't help you. I don't want her to know that I borrowed money from you. - 'Can that just be between us?' - Seven o'clock work for you? Perfect.




0 comments:

"If you are interested, you'll do what's convenient; if you're committed, you'll do whatever it takes." - John Assaraf"
1 332 333