Saturday, January 21, 2017

1.1.15



You should check with Miss Patty. - What? - About the job. You should check with Miss Patty. She teaches dance. She was actually on Broadway once. I - I don't really dance much. No, no, she just kind of knows everything that's going on in town. She'll know if someone's looking. Oh, great. Uh, thanks.

Hey, what are you doing now? Nothing.... much. I should throw this away at some point. Maybe you could show me where this Miss Patty's place is.  Yeah, I guess so. I really don't have anything important to.. Let's go. La La La. So, have you lived here all your life? Yes. Well, pretty much. I was actually born in Hartford. - Well, that's not far. - 30 minutes with no traffic. - Really?. - I timed it. Okay, then.

- So, do you like cake? - What? They make really good cakes here. They're very... round. - Okay, I'll remember that. - Good, make a note. You wouldn't want to forget where the round cakes are.  So, how are you liking Moby Dick? - Oh, it's really good. - Yeah?. - It's my first Melville. - Cool. I know it's kinda cliche to pick Moby Dick as your first Melville.  but..

Vocabs



Moby-Dick; or, The Whale is a novel by American writer Herman Melville, published in 1851 during the period of the American Renaissance. Sailor Ishmael tells the story of the obsessive quest of Ahab, captain of the whaler the Pequod, for revenge on Moby Dick, the white whale that on the previous whaling voyage bit off Ahab's leg at the knee.


Melville (Mel val) is represented in the Top 1000 exclusively as a boys' name.
https://forvo.com/word/melville/



Cliché    noun [ C or U ] uk ​ /ˈkliː.ʃeɪ/ us ​ /kliːˈʃeɪ/

 a saying or remark that is very often made and is therefore not original and not interesting:
My wedding day - and I know it's a cliché - was just the happiest day of my life.
 

0 comments:

"If you are interested, you'll do what's convenient; if you're committed, you'll do whatever it takes." - John Assaraf"
1 332 333