Saturday, January 20, 2018

Aussie Mov 03





Transcript:
My name is Lorraine Blake. And I’ve just been raped. I don’t know… I don’t know where I am. I’m calling on the prick’s phone. I don’t know where I am. I’m on the prick’s phone!

Vocabs:

1)      Lorraine / ləˈreɪn/ /La ‘rain/ /French English/
 
It's a girl!
Based on popular usage, it is 6.570 times more common for Lorraine to be a girl's name.
The popularity of Lorraine is: 4.831
(where 0 = extremely rare, 6 = super popular)


2)   prick noun [ C ] uk ​ /prɪk/ us ​ /prɪk/ offensive
 
prick noun [ C ] (BODY PART)
a penis

prick noun [ C ] (MAN)
a stupid man:
I'm not wearing that - I'd look a complete prick.


prick verb [ T ] uk ​ /prɪk/ us ​ /prɪk/
to make a very small hole or holes in the surface of something, sometimes in a way that causes pain:

Prick the skin of the potatoes with a fork before baking them.
She pricked the balloon with a pin and it burst with a loud bang.


                3) I'm uk ​ /aɪm/ us ​ /aɪm/ /eym/

         short form of I am:
I'm so happy for you!

eye noun [ C ] uk ​ /aɪ/ us ​ /aɪ/

0 comments:

"If you are interested, you'll do what's convenient; if you're committed, you'll do whatever it takes." - John Assaraf"
1 332 333