Friday, May 19, 2017

1.1.19



Okay, fine. We always had a democracy in this house. We never did anything unless we both agreed. But now I guess I'm going to have to play the mom card. You’re going to Chilton whether you want to or not. Monday morning, you will be there, end of story. - We’ll see. Yeah we will.

Games, changes and fears.  Games, changes and fears.  When will they go from here.  When will they stop. I believe that fate...  'Okay. One, two.. Oh, jeez. I swear I don’t know what happened. It’s not important. I made that dish a hundred times. It never exploded. Please, forget it. Oh, God, I killed a Viking, you should fire me or make me pay the cost of a new stove out of my paycheck. - Whatever you want. - Can’t afford a new stove! Those things are expensive. Sookie, please.  I am begging you, pull yourself together, okay? I got no sleep last night and I put my contacts in backwards. Rory’s still mad at you, huh? Hey, I'm not so crazy about her either. It was a fight. Mothers and daughters fight. No, we don’t fight. We never fight. You told me to tell you when your daughter arrived. She’s here and she’s sitting in my chair. Hold on just a minute. And you are the one left standing. That is a funny, funny thing, no? Hey, no muumuu today. You know what's weird, I kind of miss it. You left a note to meet here. - Thought you might wanna work. - Make a little extra cash. - Fine.  You’re not giving me the "Mommy Dearest" treatment ever, are ya?

You wanted me here, I’m here. Should I do something or what? Yeah, go home. Dinner’s at seven. Be ready to go. - Fine. - Fine. Ah, my chair. So, do we go in or do we just stand here reenacting 'The Little Match Girl'? Okay, look, I know you and me are having a thing here. And I know you hate me but I need you to be civil. At least through dinner, on the way home you can pull Menendez. - Deal? - Fine. 


Vocabs

pull a Menendez
Killing parents, matricide or patricide.

Based on the Menendez brothers, Lyle and Erik, who killed their parents in 1989 with shotguns. They were not originally suspects until their lack of grief and spending almost $1 million in the first six months after their parents death became suspicious.
"My mother said she will ground me if I don't clean my room tonight. I swear to God I am about to pull a Menendez."
#patricide#matricide#homicide#parents#teen angst


fate
noun UK ​ /ft/ US ​ /feɪt/

http://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictionary/english/fate

B2 [ C usually singular ] what happens to a particular person or thing, especially something final or negative, such as death or defeat:
We want to decide our own fate.
His fate is now in the hands of the jury.
The disciples were terrified that they would suffer/meet the same fate as Jesus.

B2 [ U ] a power that some people believe causes and controls all events, so that you cannot change or control the way things will happen:
When we met again by chance in Cairo, I felt it must be fate.
Fate has brought us together.

say
verb UK ​ /seɪ/ US ​ /seɪ/ said, said

fail
verb UK ​ /fl/ US ​ /feɪl/
fail verb (NOT SUCCEED)


B2 [ I ] to not succeed in what you are trying to achieve or are expected to do:
She moved to London in the hope of finding work as a model, but failed.

ate
verb UK ​ /et/ (at) /t/ US ​ /et/ /eɪt/

past simple of eat


at
preposition weak /ət/ UK ​ strong /æt/ weak /ət/ US ​ strong /æt/

made
verb UK ​ /md/ US ​ /meɪd/

past simple and past participle of make :
He was wearing a suit made from pure silk.

dish
noun UK ​ /dɪʃ/ US ​ /dɪʃ/
dish noun (FOOD)


A2 [ C ] food prepared in a particular way as part of a meal:
a chicken/vegetarian dish

"The Little Match Girl" (Danish: Den Lille Pige med Svovlstikkerne, meaning "The little girl with the matchsticks") is a short story by Danish poet and author Hans Christian Andersen. The story, about a dying child's dreams and hope, was first published in 1845.


reenact


verb [ T ] US ​ /ˌri·əˈnækt/
http://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictionary/english/reenact


to repeat the actions of an event that happened in the past as a hobby or as a performance:

The show reenacts medical emergencies.

0 comments:

"If you are interested, you'll do what's convenient; if you're committed, you'll do whatever it takes." - John Assaraf"
1 332 333